Manufacturing Quality Control Inspector
Filtertech/US Centrifuge Inc., an established Manlius industrial manufacturing company is looking for a person with Mechanical Technology and / or Electrical Technology and Manufacturing background to perform the following functions:
Entry level and junior level applicants also encouraged to apply. We are looking for an energetic individual with the following skills and characteristics:
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings;
- Ability to review, understand and utilize equipment (equipment includes various automatic filter models, system tanks, pump and heat-exchanger assemblies, piping assemblies, and other auxiliary equipment);
- Understanding and skill with system assembly, sub-assembly, fabrication and detailed drawings for checking products at various phases of manufacture;
- Able to review and document phases of product manufacture and inspection from beginning to end;
- Able to follow and monitor filter product and filter system inspection check-lists - completing information in the list;
- Able to conduct dimensional and orientation checks of the equipment where appropriate;
- Able to check workmanship of the fabrication and assembly;
- Able to verify that correct components are assembled to equipment / system;
- Able to report discrepancies to engineering / production personnel that need to be resolved or corrected;
- Able to provide photo documentation of equipment throughout the manufacturing cycle;
- Able to monitor equipment / system inspection check-lists and update as steps are completed;
- Skill with tagging / labeling of equipment and sub-assemblies before and after disassembly and painting, and documenting for packaging and shipment;
- Able to record changes / deviations in equipment / system design done in manufacturing;
- Skill with inspection / documentation of preparation and packaging for shipment;
- Ability to maintain and archive QI records / check-lists;
- Ability to work as a team with engineering and production personnel;
- Having a background / training in formal Quality Control Systems & Standards (preferred).
We are a growing company with competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including 401K, health and dental insurance. Learn more about us at www.filtertech.com. Salary will be based on level of expertise and education.
Note: Employment is contingent on acceptable results returned from functional capacity physical limitations test, and drug and alcohol tests.
Apply by submitting a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.